excluding material from MOR

Emma Marsden E.J.MARSDEN at soton.ac.uk
Fri May 10 17:05:06 UTC 2002

Dear all
We are using the French MOR programme and trying to find a way of
telling MOR to ignore the English words we have written in angled
brackets with the postcode [+eng].  However, I have found that the
programme does not work with the -s switch (though it does with +s).
So it is currently trying to parse, with the French parser, all the
English words our learners produced , which can obviously mess up the
analysis (we only want it to parse the French!).
For example,
*21N:	il travaille dans le <how do you say office> [+eng]?

Do you have any advice about this matter?

I will summarise and post any replies.
Thank you
Regards
Emma

----------------------
Emma Marsden
Research and Graduate School of Education
Building 34
Faculty of Social Sciences
University of Southampton
Highfield