Reading by deaf individuals in logographic language

John D. Bonvillian jdb5b at j.mail.virginia.edu
Tue Nov 5 14:53:52 UTC 2002

Dear Professor Santelmann,
	My memory is a little dim, but I recall that
Rosslyn Gaines of UCLA pursued the topic of reading skills
in Chinese deaf children back in the 1980s.  Basically,
I recall that she presented her findings at a couple of
conferences that I attended in the late 1980s.  I hope this
lead proves helpful.
                          Sincerely,
                          John Bonvillian