Question on adult bilinguals and codeswitching

Annette Karmiloff-Smith a.karmiloff-smith at ich.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Nov 6 13:53:18 UTC 2002

just a thought, but when one searches for a lexical item in a gender
marked language one often uses the neutral masculine and then self
corrects when the lexical item is found if the gender is not
masculine.  Historically it's thought that the feminine is more
marked.
Are there pause patterns  i.e. is it el libro es abajo del.....table.