twins and personal pronouns

Jean Berko Gleason gleason at bu.edu
Fri Nov 15 18:27:26 UTC 2002

M.P. de Jong wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> I am working on a paper about twins acquiring personal pronouns and I
> was wondering if anybody would know some (recent) literature about this
> topic?
>
> Thank you,
> Martine de Jong.

It isn't new, so I imagine you have it, but Svenka Savic's book How
Twins Learn to Talk reports on twins' use of personal pronouns in
SerboCroatian. She compared them with singletons and found the twins
advanced in acquisition, hypothesizing that this was a result of
conversational pressure (e.g., trying to figure out which one of them
was being referred to in conversation,etc.)
--
Jean Berko Gleason