ChiPeople password protection

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Tue Oct 1 15:18:53 UTC 2002

Dear Info-CHILDES,
   I received a complaint from one of the people listed in the ChiPeople
file on childes.psy.cmu.edu noting that, if her email was listed, it might
be available to spammers who browse the net looking for email addresses.  To
prevent this, I had to reinstituted password protection for the address
list.  Username is "member" and password is "babbling" as before.  In
addition, I have locked the fields so that they cannot be edited.  So, if
you want to have changes made in your address there, you need to send me
email and I will make the correction.  I feel sorry about having to make
these added restrictions, but hopefully the list still serves its basic
purposes of allowing people to find colleagues addresses and emails.

--Brian MacWhinney