.ckp

Shannon Rae Rodrigue srodrigue at crl.ucsd.edu
Tue Oct 15 17:53:50 UTC 2002

Hello,
I'm wondering if someone can help with a problem we've encountered with a number of files that have been run through the MOR program on CLAN.  The resulting output file has recently had a suffix attached of .mor.ckp.  Is anyone familiar with .ckp or know what it is associated with?  It seems to be posing a major problem in our lab, since if this .ckp is not deleted immediately, the file simply "disappears" altogether from the computer and is impossible to recover.  (Even our savvy computer technician is baffled by the fact that these files simply no longer exist anywhere on the computer or disk that they were originally on.)  We may simply have been infected by a virus?  If anyone has encountered a similar problem or can shed any light on what .ckp is associated with, we would be most appreciative!
Thanks,
Shannon Rodrigue
SDSU Developmental Psycholinguistics Laboratory