tense and aspect in japanese

Pascale TREVISIOL trevi at mb5.seikyou.ne.jp
Tue Oct 22 07:40:40 UTC 2002

Dear info-childes members,

I am a PhD student at the University of Paris 8 under the supervision of
Prof. Clive Perdue. I am currently conducting research concerned (among
others) with the acquisition of temporal reference in french L3 by
Japanese-speaking students. I am comparing learners' narrative data with
native ones (in japanese) and have some difficulty with describing the
expression of tense and aspect in japanese, as I founded few references on
this topic.

I would be very grateful if anyone on the list could provide me with
references to literature on the japanese temporal and aspectual system
(written in english !) or else on the acquisition of temporal reference by
japanese-speaking students in other target languages (as L2 or L3).

Thank you in advance for your help !

Pascale Trevisiol
University of Hokkaido (Japan)