Boston Naming Test latencies for children

Jean Berko Gleason gleason at bu.edu
Tue Sep 3 18:59:50 UTC 2002

Maryanne Wolf's work at Tufts is a good possible source for naming
latency data  in children, though I am not positive she has BNT norms in
English  (I think she does).  She has many relevant papers, however,
such as

Wolf,-Maryanne; Bally,-Heidi; Morris,-Robin Automaticity, retrieval
processes, and reading: A longitudinal study in average and impaired
readers.
   Child-Development. 1986 Aug; Vol 57(4): 988-1000
   US: Blackwell Publishers.

Wolf,-Maryanne; Bowers,-Patricia-Greig; Biddle,-Kathleen
Naming-speed processes, timing, and reading: A conceptual review.
Journal-of-Learning-Disabilities. 2000 Jul-Aug; Vol 33(4): 387-407

The papers focus on dyslexia, but since naming latency seems to be so
vulnerable in most kinds of language problems, there's a good chance
there are norms to compare with..

jean