films

Audrey Holland aholland at email.arizona.edu
Thu Sep 5 18:28:21 UTC 2002

I teach a course, built around speech,hearing and language disorders
built around  film, personal accounts and novels, etc., occasionally.
A potent combination for the course is the (old original) Miracle
worker, with Anne Bancroft as Annie and Patty Duke as Helen.
Truffaut's Wild Child, and Shattuck's book "the forbidden experiment"
which is about Victor too.  Other films on my list include Children
of A Lesser God, My Left Foot,and some excellent documentaries
including Best Boy, Complaints of a Dutiful Daughter, a Kirk Douglas
interview with Larry King, etc. I appreciate all of the suggestions
that enhance my potential reading/viewing list.  Thanks--audrey
holland
--
Audrey L. Holland, Ph.D.
Regents' Professor