Joden

Annette Karmiloff-Smith a.karmiloff-smith at ich.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Sep 9 09:47:56 UTC 2002

sorry, no it didn't.  I should have explained. It is the first name
given to a newborn by parents who know nothing of its meanings and
thought they had invented a nice-sounding name.  When I realised the
Dutch meaning I wondered what meaning it might have in other
languages and thought what better source of info than the
psycholinguistics list.  Thanks to all who replied.  If there are
psychotherapists out there, should I tell the parents or not?
Annette