Faculty position in Developmental Psychology

Daniela O'Neill doneill at watarts.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Sep 25 18:28:59 UTC 2002

The University of Waterloo, Canada would like to announce the following
search for a tenure track assistant professor in Developmental Psychology.
Apologies to anyone receiving multiple postings of this announcement.

The Department of Psychology at the University of Waterloo (located
approximately one hour west of Toronto, Canada) invites applications for a
tenure-track assistant professor in Developmental Psychology. The
successful candidate must have a Ph.D. in Developmental Psychology or
related area. We are particularly interested in applicants who would
contribute to our focus on social and cognitive development as they
pertain to communication. We are seeking an individual who has
demonstrated a strong potential for an independent research career,
external grant funding, and has a strong commitment to teaching and the
supervision of undergraduate and graduate students. Information regarding
the department and the developmental area can be found at
www.psychology.uwaterloo.ca. Information regarding the Waterloo area can
be found at www.region.waterloo.on.ca.

The anticipated start date for the position is July 1, 2003. We will begin
reviewing applications on January 15, 2003 and will continue to review
them until the position is filled. Applicants should submit a curriculum
vitae, a statement of research and teaching interests, reprints or
preprints of recent papers, and arrange for three confidential letters of
reference to be sent to: Developmental Search Committee, Department of
Psychology, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1. The
University of Waterloo encourages applications from all qualified
individuals, including women, members of visible minorities, native
peoples, and persons with disabilities. All qualified candidates are
encouraged to apply however, Canadians and permanent residents will be
given priority. This appointment is subject to the availability of funds.
Any questions regarding this position can be directed to Dr. Daniela
O'Neill at doneill at uwaterloo.ca or (519) 885-1211, extension 2545.