documentaries

Diane Pesco dpesco2 at po-box.mcgill.ca
Mon Feb 3 22:34:17 UTC 2003

I add these, compliments of Steven Weinberger who included these on a
linguist list with non-documentary films Nov 1996 ... I have seen the
Human Language Series and like it.
Diane Pesco

1.  The Human Language Series .  1995.  director:  Gene Searchinger.
NY:  Ways of Knowing.
        part 1.   Discovering Human Language
        part 2.   Acquiring Human Language
        part 3.   The Human Language Evolves

2.  American Tongues.  1987.  By Andrew Kolker and Louis Alvarez.  NY:
Center for New American
Media. (American dialects)

3.  The Singer's Voice.  1993.  By Joan Wall and Robert Caldwell. Dallas
TX: Pst... Inc.
(the vocal tract and articulatory phonetics)

4. The Secret of the Wild Child.  1994.  director: Linda Garmon. (NOVA
documentary about Genie)

--
Diane Pesco
McGill University

email                       dpesco2 at po-box.mcgill.ca

phone (office)          514-398-4102
fax                           514-398-8123