hearing test for babies

Satsuki Nakai s.nakai at bangor.ac.uk
Fri Feb 7 09:48:11 UTC 2003

Dear Info-CHILDES,

We are exploring the possibility of buying a system which allows us to give
hearing tests to babies. We'd very much appreciate your comments on
available systems regarding the following issues:

1. price
2. ease of use
3. running cost
4. length of test
5. reliability of the results
6. technical support

We would also like to know what you do (if you give hearing tests) when the
baby fails the test:

1. Do you give the test before the experiment but carry on the experiment
even if the baby fails the test, or do you administer the test after the
experiment?

2. What do you tell the parents? Do you have a clinic you can refer the
baby to?

Please send replies to <s.nakai at bangor.ac.uk>.  If anyone is interested in
the responses I receive, please write to me also; I'll send you a summary.

Thank you very much in advance,

Satsuki Nakai