Lang and gesture in blind children

Amy L Sheldon asheldon at tc.umn.edu
Thu Jun 5 16:05:14 UTC 2003

We (Belbas and Sheldon) presented a paper describing speech-gesture
synchrony in a sighted 36-month-old at the int'l gesture conference last
June at the University of Texas-Austin.  Paper title is:  "Speech-gesture
synchrony in preschooler-adult discourse:  a case study".

You can read our paper and see the video clips at
	 http://www.tc.umn.edu/~belba002/ut_paper/BelbasSheldon.html

I'd also be interested in any getsure studies of young children.

Btw, the papers from that conference are going to be posted at their
website but they have been delayed.  So there may be others about kids to
be found there.  I think there was one case study of a blind adult.

Best wishes,
Amy Sheldon
asheldon at umn.edu