Serious Editor bug

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Thu Jun 19 21:31:49 UTC 2003

Dear Info-CHILDES,

   We just now discovered and fixed a bug in the Windows version of CLAN.
The bug can lead to corruption of files with characters outside of the basic
English character set.  This bug was only present in versions that were
available on the web between June 1 and June 17.  It does not affect the
Macintosh version and it was not present before June 1.  So, if you happened
to download a version of CLAN for Windows during this period, could you
please remove it and get a new version.  Apologies for this inconvenience.

Normally, I follow the practice of posting messages regarding the CLAN
programs to info-chibolts, but I thought it best to make an exception in
this case.

--Brian MacWhinney