French Learner Language Oral Corpora (FLLOC)

Florence Myles F.J.Myles at soton.ac.uk
Wed Oct 29 08:52:33 UTC 2003

French Learner Language Oral Corpora (FLLOC)

As part of a research project at the University of Southampton in the UK, we
have created a database of French Learner Language Oral corpora:
www.flloc.soton.ac.uk. This database includes a number of corpora which have
been formatted according to CHILDES conventions and can be analysed using
CLAN software.

As an additional information service to the international SLA research
community, we wish to add an extra feature to our website, i.e. a more
comprehensive inventory of as many as possible of the French L2 corpora
available internationally. We would like information about both oral and
written L2 French corpora, plus details of the formats in which they are
held.

We are also considering expansion of the FLLOC collection itself, in order
to add a limited number of further French L2 oral corpora to the searchable
CHILDES-formatted database.

If you have a French L2 corpus, oral and/or written, and would like it to be
included in our inventory and/or in our FLLOC database, please fill in the
details below, and return to F.J.Myles at soton.ac.uk.

Name of corpus:

Location:

Contact details:

L1 of learners:

Task(s) used:

Level of learners:

Age of learners:

No. of learners:

What is the nature of the data? (soundfiles, transcribed protocols, analysis
files etc)?

What formats have been used for transcription etc (e.g. the CHILDES
transcription conventions)?

Are the soundfiles (if any) in digital format?

Would you like your corpus to be included in the inventory?

Would you like your corpus to be considered for inclusion within the FLLOC
database?

Who currently holds copyright in the corpus?

Many thanks,

Florence Myles

Rosamond Mitchell

Sarah Rule