ChildPhon on CHILDES

Yvan Rose yrose at mun.ca
Tue Sep 9 00:44:16 UTC 2003

Dear all,
The latest version of ChildPhon, a software developed within FileMaker
Pro for the Macintosh and recently offered as freeware to the research
community is now available through the CHILDES website , under in a new
section specifically titled "Phonology and Fonts".

http://childes.psy.cmu.edu/

Among other planned improvements, a Windows-compatible version, as well
as an interface to allow for double-blind transcriptions will make
their way into updated versions of ChilPhon within the next few months.

Eventually, we hope that ChildPhon will become fully integrated into
CLAN and new versions of other CHILDES or TalkBank software.

Additional information, as well as an introductory paper to the tool
can also be found at the following web address:

http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~yrose/ChildPhon.html

Comments or inquiries should be send directly to me at:

yrose at mun.ca

Thank you for your interest in this new tool.

Yvan Rose
Assistant Professor
Department of Linguistics
Memorial University of Newfoundland