literature on vocal development, child phonology

Joseph Stemberger stemberg at interchange.ubc.ca
Thu Sep 25 16:13:09 UTC 2003

>>could anyone please give me references, preferably new books, on
>>the following domain: early vocal development, child phonology.

There is also:

Bernhardt, B.H., & Stemberger, J.P. (1998). Handbook of Phonological
Development: From the Perspective of constraint-based nonlinear
phonology. San Diego: Academic Press.

The Yeni-Komshian volume resulted from a conference, and there is also
the volume that came from the NEXT similar conference:

Ferguson, C.A., Menn, C.L., & Stoel-Gammon, C. (1992), Phonological
development: Models, research, and implications. Timonium, MD: York Press.

And a volume from a conference in 1995:

Bernhardt, B, Gilbert, J., & Ingram, D. (1996), Proceedings of the UBC
International Conference on Phonological Acquisition. Somerville, MA:
Cascadilla Press.

---Joe Stemberger
UBC