frog story shared reading

Seung-Hee Claire Son seunghee at umich.edu
Tue Apr 6 15:17:01 UTC 2004

Hello,

I'm a doctoral student in University of Michigan, interested in parental
influences on child language and literacy development.
I'm conducting a study on mother-child shared book reading using the frog
story, but couldn't find many references on this.
I'm thinking of using mother's reading the book as a measure of parental
narratives influencing their children's comprehension and narrative skills.

I remember there was an email about updating the reference list on frog
story studies last year.
I searched the childes website but could not find the reference.
If somebody has the updated reference list, can you please email me?
Or if you happen to come up with any study on shared reading with the frog
book, please send it to me.
Until now, I have:

Burch, M (2001). Maternal narratives and children's language development.
Unpublished Doctal thesis. U of Minnesota.
Garner, P.  et al (1997). Low-income mothers' conversations about emotions
and their children's emotional competence. Social development, 6(1), 37-52.
Stavans, A (1996). Development of parental narrative input.
Wigglesworth, G. & Stavans, A (2001). A crosscultural investigation of
Australian and Israeli parents' narrative interactions with their children.
In Children;s language: Developing narrative and discourse competence, 10,
73-91. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.

Thank you!
Seung-Hee Claire Son