CDI construction - what to put in

Alcock, Katherine k.j.alcock at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Apr 7 06:03:09 UTC 2004

Further to my previous message, we are definitely using the corpora of child speech in these two languages that we have, but currently the only data is that we collected, and we only have a few hundred utterances in each language i.e. it's pretty limited.

There is some data on a different dialect of one of the languages, but it is especially different in grammatical aspects, which is the part I'm stuck on, and this is not publicly available in corpus form, only in summary form.

However, I'm encouraged to see that focus groups might work with parents and educators, as we can certainly do that.

Any further ideas gratefully received.

Katie Alcock