Proposal to develop a GEMS folder on CHILDES

Katie Alcock k.j.alcock at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Aug 3 08:55:55 UTC 2004

I¹d love to know if this particular phenomenon has been formally researched,
as I have an American mother and used to think one ate ³chocolate putting²
and that we lived in ³Leamington Spot².  A Canadian living in Scotland that
I used to know had a daughter who asked people ³are you going to the
wetting?²  I know that children overcompensate for the accent they hear in
their spelling (³Chinar²), but I haven¹t seen anything on spoken language.

Katie Alcock

Katie Alcock, DPhil
Lecturer
Department of Psychology