Unicode CLAN

Brian MacWhinney macw at mac.com
Sat Aug 21 00:37:20 UTC 2004

Dear Info-CHILDES,
    Over the next year, we are hoping that CLAN users will shift to
using the Unicode version of CLAN.  In early 2005, we will shift from
distributing two forms of CLAN to
distributing only the Unicode form over the web.  However, the older
version will still
be available on request.  By mid 2005, we will begin to drop support
for non-Unicode versions.  This change will mostly impact people who
are using Macintosh systems that
cannot run at least OS 9.2.  In other words, people using Mac OS 8 will
need to shift to either OS 9.2 or better OS X.  For Windows, the only
users who will be affected are those running Windows 98 who will need
to shift to Windows 2000, NT, or XP.
    If this shift will cause you any problems, please send me a note to
macw at mac.com.  Many thanks.

--Brian MacWhinney