development of moral language

narvik narvik at uwyo.edu
Sun Feb 1 20:55:02 UTC 2004

Hello, all,

I am a graudate student working under Dr. Karen Bartsch at the
University of Wyoming. Over the last year, I have been conducting an
extensive analysis of the use of moral language (with the help of the
CHILDES database), focusing on young children, 2-5 years old. This
analysis has proved to be very interesting, but I am curious as to
whether or not there are similar databases with a corpora of older
children (I know Ross/Mark goes up into 7-8 years old, but are there
any others?). I have been working on ideas for generating similar
discussion structures for college students, using Psyc1000 students
and an "online threaded discussion" format, but I think having access
to actual natural langauge transcripts would be much more helpful and
informative. Does anyone know of any such databases?

FYI (since a few of you expressed interst in this project when I
initiated it over a year ago) - I will be presenting the results of my
pilot study, conducted during the summer of 2003, at the Conference on
Human Development in Washington DC in April and hope to be presenting
the full results of my thesis research at another conference soon.

thanks in advance for any thoughts, information, suggestions -

Jen Wright
Graduate Student
Departments of Psychology and Philosophy
University of Wyoming