Call for papers for JSLS2004- please post to list

Kei Nakamura kei at aya.yale.edu
Fri Feb 13 07:17:51 UTC 2004

Dear Ms. Sacco,
Please post the following final call for papers for JSLS2004 to the info-childes mailing list.
Thank you for your help.
Sincerely,
Kei Nakamura
Keio University

      Final Call for Papers: JSLS2004
      6th Annual Conference of the Japanese Society for Languages
      July 17-18, 2004
      Nagoya, Japan

      Deadline for abstracts:
      February 28, 2004
      http://cow.lang.nagoya-u.ac.jp/jsls/2004/cfp-e.htm

The Japanese Society for Language Sciences invites proposals for our
Sixth Annual International Conference, JSLS 2004. We welcome proposals
for paper and poster presentations and for one symposium.  As keynote
speakers, we will invite Bonnie Schwartz (University of Hawai'i at
Manoa) and Yukio Otsu (Keio University).

JSLS2004 Conference Committee Chair
Susanne Miyata (Aichi Shukutoku University)

Conference Dates/ Location
The Sixth Annual International Conference of the Japanese Society for
Language Sciences will be held as follows:
(1) July 17 (Saturday)- 18 (Sunday), 2004
(2) Aichi Shukutoku University, Nagoya, Japan

Submissions
We would like to encourage submissions on research pertaining to
language sciences, including linguistics, psychology, education,
computer science, brain science, and philosophy, among others. We will
not commit ourselves to one or a few particular theoretical
frameworks. We will respect any scientific endeavor that aims to
contribute to a better understanding of the human mind and the brain
through language.

Submission Deadline
All submissions should be e-mailed by February 28, 2004 (Sunday).

Submission guidelines are available on the JSLS 2004 website at:
http://cow.lang.nagoya-u.ac.jp/jsls/2004/cfp-e.htm

All questions regarding the JSLS 2004 conference should be addressed
to:

Kei Nakamura
JSLS 2004 Conference Coordinator
14-21 Sarugakucho
Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0033
JAPAN
e-mail: kei at aya.yale.edu

Aichi Shukutoku University, Nagoya, Japan
The Japanese Society for Language Sciences invites proposals for our
Sixth Annual International Conference, JSLS 2004. We welcome proposals
for paper and poster presentations. As keynote speakers, we will
invite Bonnie Schwartz (University of Hawai'i at Manoa) and Yukio Otsu
(Keio University).

JSLS2004 Committee Chair: Susanne Miyata (Aichi Shukutoku University)

Qualifications for Presenters
All presenters should be members of JSLS by May 24, 2004.  (It is not
necessary for co-presenters to be members.)

Please refer to the following website for membership information:
http://jchat.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp/JSLS/

All presenters should pre-register for the JSLS 2004 conference by May
24, 2004.

Papers should be original and unpublished.

We will accept multiple submissions from the same individual, however,
you can only be the single or first author of one paper.

Each presentation will be 25 minutes long. (20 minutes for
presentation and 5 minutes for Q&A).

The language of presentations may be either Japanese or English.

Submission Deadline & Review Process

All submissions should be e-mailed by February 28, 2004 (Sunday).

Please send the following items to the review committee chairperson,
Hirohide Mori.

Paper and poster presentations

We will only accept submissions via e-mail. Please send your
submissions to the following address, in the following manner:

To: jsls2004-submission at nausicaa.cyber.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp
Subject: Paper Submission (or Poster Submission)

Send the following application form in the main text, and your
abstract as an attachment.

(1) Application form

            presentation title

            presentation category (paper or poster)

            name of presenter(s), affiliation(s)

            mailing address

            email address

            telephone number

            language of the paper/poster

            language of the presentation (only for papers)

            keywords (about 5 words)

(2) Title and Abstract

(a)     Format
paper: maximum 4 pages (including title, tables, figures, &
references)
poster: 2 pages (including title, tables, figures, & references)
(Do not include any information which may reveal your identity.)

paper size: A4 or letter-size
margins: in the case of A4:   Up and Bottom: 30mm
                              Left and Right: 25mm
         In the case of letter-size  All: 1 inch
font style: Times New Roman (or similar one)
font size: Body: 12 point  Notes & References:10 point

(b) save the file as ''pdf file'' or ''text file''. Please note that
other formats will not be accepted.

(c) save your file under your own name (eg.: brown-roger.pdf).

Each abstract will be reviewed anonymously by several
reviewers. Notification of acceptance will be made by early May. (Some
''paper'' proposals might be accepted as ''poster'' presentations.)

If your proposal is accepted, you will be requested to send a copy of
your paper (Maximum length for papers is 6-pages, for posters 2-pages)
by May 24.

This paper will appear in the Conference Handbook. Excellent papers
may be published as a collection of papers titled

   ''Studies in Language Sciences''.

Symposium
We will only accept submissions via e-mail for the symposium until
February 28, 2004.

Please send an e-mail proposal to the following address, in the
following manner:

To: hiromori at dc4.so-net.ne.jp
Subject: Symposium Proposal

Please send your abstract in the main text (not as an attachment).
(1) Application Form
            symposium title
            name of the organizer(s) and affiliation(s)
            email address
            telephone number
            name and affiliations of symposium speakers

(2) a detailed abstract consisting of an outline of the symposium with
abstracts from each speaker. Overall length: 800 to 1600 words in
English or 3000 to 6000 characters (moji)in Japanese (equivalent to
two to four pages on A4 or letter-size paper).

e-mail: kei at aya.yale.edu
Inquiries by phone will not be accepted.