The Monitor Model

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Mon Jan 5 15:42:57 UTC 2004

On 1/5/04 7:03 AM, "Joman Shami" <jomanshami at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Sir/ madam,
>
> I have come across alot of article that criticized the Monitor Model  and I
> need to get some refences that come in favor of this model or at least defend
> the claims it put forward. Could you help me by naming some refernces.
>

> Joman Shami
>

> Joman Shami
>

> The new MSN 8: <http://g.msn.com/8HMAEN/2737??PS=>  smart spam protection and
> 2 months FREE*

I assume you are referring to the Krashen model.  Krashen wrote a fairly
comprehensive reply to criticisms in 1994.

Krashen, S. (1994). The Input Hypothesis and its rivals. In N. C. Ellis
(Ed.), Implicit and explicit learning of languages (pp. 45-78). San Diego:
Academic.

Perhaps other folks can point to something even more recent.  Why not send a
note to Krashen about this?

---Brian MacWhinney