AAVE and children

Joanne Roberts roberts at mail.fpg.unc.edu
Fri Jan 9 23:15:59 UTC 2004

The refernces have been great, please find two others below:

Jackson, S. C., & Roberts, J. E. (2001). Complex syntax production of
African American preschoolers. _Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing
Research, 44_(5), 1083-1096.

Roberts, J. E., Burchinal, M., & Durham, M. (1999). Parents’ report of
vocabulary and grammatical development of African American preschoolers:
Child and environmental associations. _Child Development, 70_(1), 92-106.

Joanne E. Roberts, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist and Professor of Pediatrics and Speech and Hearing Sciences
Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute
105 Smith Level Road, CB# 8180
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-8180