Primary Russian language speakers and English

m.millians at att.net m.millians at att.net
Sat Jan 17 22:17:59 UTC 2004

Does any one know of any studies investigating children whose primary languge
is Russian and the patterns of Russian children learning English?

We have noticed a trend at our Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Clinic of children
adopted from Russia who speak English well but have very poor language
comprehension.  Many of these children do not fit the diagnosis of FAS.  Some
of the children have experience environmental deprivations at a young age but
not all. We are curious to know more about Russian/English language
processing.

Thanks in advance for any informaton any one can suggest.

Molly Millians
FAS Clinic
Marcus Institute
Atlanta, GA