Novel Word Learning by Preschool Children

mcleod_a at bellsouth.net mcleod_a at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 24 15:34:02 UTC 2004

Hello.

I am a doctoral student at the Univ. of South Carolina, Columbia.  I am proposing a study to examine incidental word learning by preschoolers as books are read aloud to them. I have successfully located a number of references regarding this subject.  I have also gathered information on fast-mapping and quick incidental learning in general, but I would appreciate any feedback and/or a list of references/resources to make my collection more comprehensive.

Thank you.