Call for Participation (JSLS2004)

Hirohide Mori hiromori at dc4.so-net.ne.jp
Sat Jun 12 12:57:09 UTC 2004

We would like to invite you to attend the Sixth Annual International
Conference of the Japanese Society for Language Sciences (JSLS2004).

Dates: July 17 (Sat.)- 18 (Sun.), 2004
Location: Hoshigaoka Campus, Aichi Shukutoku University (Nagoya, Aichi
Prefecture)

Plenary lectures:
Bonnie Schwartz(University of Hawai'i at Manoa)“The L2 Child as
Arbitrator”
Yukio Otsu (Keio University) "Learning in the Ontogenesis of I-Language”

Invited Symposium: Word Inflections in Second Language Acquisition:
Dual-Processing Model vs. Connectionist Model
Moderator: Yasushi Terao (University of Shizuoka) Symposium Participants:
Kazuo Tamaoka (Hiroshima University), Shogo Makioka (Osaka Women's
University), Shigenori Wakabayashi (Gunma Prefectural Women's University),
Yasushi Terao (University of Shizuoka)

Conference details can be found on the JSLS2004 webpage at
http://cow.lang.nagoya-u.ac.jp/jsls/2004/conf-e.htm

32 Oral Presentations, 19 Poster Presentations (Please refer to: http://cow.
lang.nagoya-u.ac.jp/jsls/2004/presenters.htm)

Pre-registration information can be found at:
http://cow.lang.nagoya-u.ac.jp/jsls/2004/registration-e.htm
Discounted pre-registration fees are available until June 15, so we
encourage you to register early.

Hotel information (discounted conference rates) can be found at:
http://act.jtb.co.jp/itd/scripts/jsls2004.asp
Please note that in order to qualify for the discounted hotel rates, you
must apply by June 25th.

Please send all questions to Kei Nakamura at kei at aya.yale.edu.

Susanne Miyata (JSLS2004 Conference Chairperson)
Kei Nakamura (JSLS 2004 Conference Coordinator)
Hirohide Mori (JSLS 2004 Conference Publicity Chairperson)