Nitya Sethuraman nsethura at indiana.edu
Tue Jun 15 21:17:31 UTC 2004

Hello,

I posted a question last week regarding language strategies used by
bilingual families, and in particular, the one-person, one-language strategy
(OPOL).

I would like to thank Barbara Conboy, Jeff Fisher, Gary Morgan, Ana
Schwartz, Johanne Paradis, Barbara Pearson, Elena Nicoladis, Hazel See,
Kathryn King, Mayr Erbaugh, Marie-Rose Bomgren, and Fred Genesee for their
informative responses.

Below is a summary, divided into general comments (anonymous, since it
wasn't always clear to me who wanted to be cited) and a list of suggested