Teresa Ukrainetz tukraine at uwyo.edu
Thu Jun 17 19:30:50 UTC 2004

It seems to me the evidence on which OPOL was based was reduced
confusion between the two in toddlerhood, at language onset in Ronjat
type studies. But the confusion was temporary and minor anyway --
basically kids were fine whichever way it was done as long as both
languages were used interactively and respected. Somehow, this has been
overextended to be the recommendation for language learning throughout
childhood and then people are surprised that it doesn't hold.
Teresa Ukrainetz