New Basque corpus

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Wed Mar 31 00:29:25 UTC 2004

Dear Info-CHILDES,
  I am happy to announce the addition to CHILDES of our first corpus from
children learning Basque.  The corpus has been contributed by Maria-Llanos
Luque Sánchez of the University of the Basque Country in Donostia/San
Sebastián.  The children are 2-4 years old and are being schooled in Basque
nursery schools.  Most children were observed 3 times across this period.
Eventually, we hope to add video for these files too.  They can be found in
the "Other Languages" directory under "Basque"
  Many thanks to Jani for these data.

--Brian MacWhinney