Corpus of Pictures of Novel Objects?

Benjamin Munson munso005 at umn.edu
Sat May 1 01:33:11 UTC 2004

Dear Fellow Info-Childes Members:

I am about to begin a new study on novel-word learning.  Rather than
reinventing the wheel and devising a new set of pictures of novel objects,
I'm wondering whether anyone knows of a corpus of pictures of novel
objects.  I have this dream that there is a corpus somewhere out there of
pictures of novel objects with norms for the pictures' visual complexity
and similarity to real objects.  Does anyone know of such a corpus, or
anything even remotely close to it?  If so, please email me with information.

Cordially,
Ben

Benjamin Munson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences (Née Communication Disorders)
University of Minnesota
115 Shevlin Hall
164 Pillsbury Drive, SE
Minnapolis, MN  55455