question on e-prime

Daniela Wuerz wuerz at mail.paed.uni-muenchen.de
Fri May 7 09:46:04 UTC 2004

Dear users of E-Prime,

my name is Daniela Wuerz and i am using E-Prime at Munich University for my
research. I now encountered a programming problem and was hoping that
someone who is in this mailing list could maybe provide me with an
answer...I will run an experiment where several words are presented one
after the other and appear for one second each. Subjects after the
presentation of the
word are required to type their associations as an answer to the word and
this will be shown to them on the screen (echo function). Now I need to
measure the RT after the presentation of the word and until subjects hit the
keyboard for the first time. As far as I know, E-Prime only supports a RT
form presentation to last response, but I need until "first response". I
figure that I must maybe use a bit of E-Prime Script.

Does anyone have an idea or have an according example script?

Thanks a lot,
Daniela Wuerz

Daniela Würz
Department of Social Psychology