language tests

Yahya y.e-rramdani at uvt.nl
Fri Nov 26 09:58:14 UTC 2004

Dear,

I am busy making recording of my child aged now 3,5 years, speaking
both Dutch and Arabic. I have been doing this from his birth on, first by
means of dairies and then by audio and video recordings. From the
age of 3, I have been making recording of the child in two contexts,
one informal spontaneous conversations, and the other one when
'reading books for him'.
Recently, I heard that there are 'translation tasks' used with the
bilingual children. Do you know maybe of this type of tests, and their
reliability? Do you know of any other useful tests used with bilingual
children as complementary to free talks recordings?

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Yahya E-Rramdani
Tilburg University
Babylon: Centre for Studies of the Multicultural Society
Tilburg University
PB 90153
5000 LE Tilburg
The Netherlands