new corpus on Chinese narrative development

Brian MacWhinney macw at mac.com
Fri Sep 10 22:39:07 UTC 2004

Dear Info-CHILDES,
    I am happy to announce the addition to CHILDES of a new corpus
studying narrative development in Chinese-speaking
children from Chienju Chang of National Taiwan Normal University.  The
study examines 24 children between the ages of
3 and 6 using methods for toy play and narrative elicitation from
Hemphill et al (1994).  The files are currently in Chinese
characters, but we will eventually supplement this with a full %mor
line.
    Many thanks to Chienju for the contribution of this corpus.

--Brian MacWhinney