Computational Ling: Asst Prof, Indiana U

Damir Cavar dcavar at indiana.edu
Tue Sep 21 16:26:42 UTC 2004

University or Organization: Indiana University
Department: Cognitive Science
Rank of Job: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

As one of a series of new appointments, the Cognitive Science Program at
Indiana University seeks applicants with a developing strong record of
research in computational linguistics, broadly defined.  We are looking
for someone with vision, energy, and a desire to explore new forms of
interdisciplinary study. Areas of specialty could include, but are not
limited to: computational, statistical, psychological, experimental, and
developmental approaches. The right candidate is more important than the
specific disciplinary background. Although we anticipate appointments at
the junior rank, more senior appointments are also possible for
exceptional applicants.

Applicants should send full dossiers, including letters of
recommendation and sample of papers. Applications received by December
1, 2004 are assured full consideration.  Please see our website:
http://www.cogs.indiana.edu for information regarding additional open
faculty positions.  If you have questions about this position, you may
contact Michael Gasser at gasser at indiana.edu.

Indiana University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. Applications from women and minority group members are
especially encouraged.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Professor Richard Shiffrin
	Computational Linguistics Search Committee
	Cognitive Science Program, Indiana University
	1033 E. Third St., Sycamore 0014
	Bloomington, IN 47405
	United States of America

	Applications are due by 01-Dec-2004

Contact Information:

	Professor Michael Gasser
	Email: gasser at indiana.edu
	Tel: +1 (812) 855-7078
	Fax: +1 (812) 855-4829
	Website: http://www.cogs.indiana.edu/

--
Dr. Damir Cavar
Director of the Computational Linguistics Program