Infant Toddler Cry Samples

Jean Berko Gleason gleason at bu.edu
Thu Sep 30 20:33:26 UTC 2004

joshua.thompson at comcast.net wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can find audio or video samples of Infant or
> Toddler Cries? I need 5-10 samples of different cries of infants and
> toddlers for a presentation. Any ideas, resources, weblinks, videos, etc?
>
> Josh Thompson PhD
> Assistant Professor Early Childhood Education
> Texas A&M University-Commerce
> http://faculty.tamu-commerce.edu/jthompson/

Barry Lester, who is a professor of psychiatry in the medical school at
Brown University probably has such data...he has written extensively on
infant cries and there is a brief clip of him with a crying baby in the
old PBS Nova show produced in 1985, called Baby Talk.   If he doesn't
have any, he must know where some are....

--

Jean Berko Gleason