Rate of agreement for transcriptions

Aurélie NARDY aurelie.nardy at u-grenoble3.fr
Mon Dec 19 13:00:22 UTC 2005

  Dear Colleagues,
Many thanks to all who responded to my request concerning the rate of
agreement for transcriptions.
Two main points emerge: percentage of agreement and Cohen’s Kappa (a
statistical test allowing to assess the agreement between two or more
observant of (?) the same phenomenon, fore more information, see
http://kappa.chez-alice.fr/)
I put below the initial query, the references that I received and then I
give some replies.

Dear Info-CHILDES Members,
I'm looking for references on the rate of agreement of transcriptors for
the same transcription.
Firstly, I would like to know how compute a rate of agreement and secondly,
which rate value determines the reliability of a given transcription being
transcribed by 2 transcriptors.
Many thanks
Aurélie