Default unstressed initial syllable? re-

Joe Pater pater at linguist.umass.edu
Mon Jan 10 21:22:05 UTC 2005

Dear all,
In both Gnanadesikan's and Smith's data, the pattern is one of
replacement of an initial unstressed syllable by a default syllable
(the term "dummy" is Gnanadesikan's, I think). I don't recall either
one discussing the perseverative pattern.

You can get a pre-publication version of Amalia's paper here - it's one
of the first, and one of the best applications of Optimality Theory to
phonological acquisition:

http://roa.rutgers.edu/view.php3?id=77

Best,
Joe.