infant-directed child speech

Brian MacWhinney macw at mac.com
Wed Jun 15 17:22:04 UTC 2005

Yes, John,  this is a good point.  Gordon Wells had some statistics
computed already in his 1981 (?) book on the overall nature of the
amount of input per day.  However, a downside of the Wells corpus is
that we don't have the original audio.  I wonder if it still exists.
I am copying this to Gordon Wells, just on the chance it might.

I am not clear that Margaret is asking about temporal distribution
patterns as much as the nature of the differences.  For that, the
Brent-Siskind corpus would also be excellent and it has linked audio.

--Brian MacWhinney