TCP 2006: Call for Papers

Hitomi Murata hitomi-murata at mri.biglobe.ne.jp
Mon Jun 27 09:22:29 UTC 2005

Dear Colleague,

The Institute of Cultural and Linguistic Studies at Keio University will
be holding the seventh Tokyo Conference on Psycholinguistics(TCP2006)
on March 17 and 18, 2006.

The invited speakers are Prof. David Pesetsky (MIT) and Prof. Edson
Miyamoto (University of Tsukuba).

We encourage you to submit papers for presentation.  For details, visit
our web site:
http://www.otsu.icl.keio.ac.jp/tcp/

<Call for Papers>
The Seventh Tokyo Conference on Psycholinguistics
http://www.otsu.icl.keio.ac.jp/tcp/
Keio University, Mita, Tokyo
March 17 and 18, 2006

The Tokyo Conference on Psycholinguistics welcomes submissions for
paper presentations at its seventh conference.  It will accept papers that
represent any scientific endeavor that addresses itself to "Plato's
problem"concerning language acquisition: "How can we gain a rich
linguistic system given our fragmentary and impoverished experience?"
Its scope thus includes linguistic theory (phonology, morphology, syntax
and semantics), L1 and L2 acquisition, language processing, and the
neuroscience of language, among other topics.

There are two types of presentations, namely long ones and short ones.
A long presentation will be 30 minutes, with 15 additional minutes
devoted to discussion (a total of 45 minutes).  A short presentation will
be 20 minutes, with 10 additional minutes devoted to discussion
(a total of 30 minutes).

Please send an abstract following the guidelines below:

1.   Only e-mail submissions addressed to tcpabst at otsu.icl.keio.ac.jp
will be accepted.  The subject of the e-mail should be “abstract”.

2.  The author information should be included in the body of the e-mail.
The information should include: (a) name, (b) affiliation, (c) title of
paper, (d) mailing address, (e) e-mail address, and (f) telephone number.
If you are in Japan, add kanji where relevant (i.e., all items except (e)
and (f)).  If your paper has multiple authors, please provide information
regarding all of the co-authors.

3.   A PDF file of your abstract in English should be attached to the
e-mail. Document files (MS WORD) cannot be accepted. If you have any
problems in applying by e-mail with a PDF file attachment, please do
not hesitate to contact the TCP Committee at tcp at otsu.icl.keio.ac.jp

4.   Format the files of your abstracts (including bibliography) to A4
paper size, single-spaced, limiting the length to a maximum of 2 pages.

5.  The font size should be 12 point.  For any fonts used, a font file
should be attached.

6.  Do not put your name on your abstract.

7.  Put the title on the top of the first page.

8.  The abstract, if accepted, will be photocopied to be included in the
conference handbook.   Therefore, make sure your margins have ample room.

9.  You may not submit more than one single (single author) paper and
one joint (co-authored) paper.

10. Clearly state the nature of the problem that you are addressing.

11. Cite sufficient data, and explain why and how they support your
argument.

12. Avoid vague promissory notes such as "A solution will be presented".

13. The accepted abstracts will be shown on the TCP website.

14. In case your paper is accepted as a short presentation even though you
submitted an abstract for the long presentation, please check the following.
--I am willing to do a short presentation
--I am not willing to do a short presentation

The abstract must be received by November 30, 2005 by 11:59 pm JST
(Japan Standard Time) via e-mail to:  tcpabst at otsu.icl.keio.ac.jp

Late submissions will not be accepted.  Notification of receipt will be
e-mailed to the first author shortly after receipt.

We will notify you of the results of our review process by January 12, 2006.

In addition, we are planning to publish a volume of the conference
proceedings.  If your abstract is accepted, we will inform you of the
details regarding this matter later.  Most likely, you will be asked to
e-mail us your paper as a MS Word and a PDF file attachment by
mid-May 2006.

Unfortunately, TCP has no funds for financial assistance.  Participants
are also expected to make their own travel arrangements.

For further information, contact:

Yukio Otsu (Director)
Institute of Cultural and Linguistic Studies
Keio University
2-15-45 Mita, Minato-ku, Tokyo
108-8345 Japan

or, send an e-mail message to the TCP Committee:
tcp at otsu.icl.keio.ac.jp