Assessing phoneme discrimination

Gert Westermann gwestermann at brookes.ac.uk
Sat Mar 5 11:48:36 UTC 2005

Dear Colleagues,

We are conducting a research study on language development in
tracheostomized children (both during and after tracheostomy). As part
of the study we will investigate speech perception, primarily looking at
children’s phonological awareness. Would anyone be able to advise on
whether there are assessments tools (preferably norm-referenced) that
investigate (English-speaking) children’s phoneme discrimination ability
between the ages of 1-4 years old?

I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thank you,

-- Gert

  Dr. Gert Westermann                       gwestermann at brookes.ac.uk
  Department of Psychology, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford OX3 0BP
  Tel +44 (0)1865 48 37 72                  Fax: +44 (0)1865 48 38 87
  http://www.cbcd.bbk.ac.uk/people/gert/