verbs ASK and TELL

Darinka Andjelkovic dandjelk at f.bg.ac.yu
Mon Mar 21 06:26:29 UTC 2005

Hello,

a small experiment that we have done recently with Serbian preschool children has given some reasons to believe that acquisition of verbs PITAJ and RECI (meaning ASK and TELL) in Serbian is pretty easier and taking place several years before then in English, having in mind what was shown in the classic Caroll Chomsky's: The Acquistion of Syntax in Children's Language from 5 to 10.

Could anyone kindly direct me to new studies of acquistion of these verbs? Any language, any methodology and corpora retrieval data would be appreciated very much.

Many thanks,

Darinka Andjlekovic
dandjelk at f.bg.ac.yu
Laboratory of Experimental Psychology