Looking at questions with kwal

Carol Slater cslater at alma.edu
Tue May 17 19:50:24 UTC 2005

Dear All,
It has been fun introducing a group of our students to CHILDES. Among
other things, they have been comparing caretakers' use of questions by
using freq +s"?" to count questions and mlu to count utterances. They
have also been trying to look at the actual questions, which sounds like
a task for kwal.  To our dismay, +s"?" has been crashing the application
and  +s+"?" fetches questions and nonquestions indiscriminately. Is kwal
just not the program of choice here? Suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.
Carol

Department of Psychology
Alma  College