representation of inflected and derived words

S. Helene Deacon helene.deacon at dal.ca
Wed May 18 15:02:03 UTC 2005

I am interested in the development of the representation of inflected and
derived words. There is some good older work on children's productions in
this domain (e.g., Berko, 1958; deVilliers & deVilliers, 1973). Does anyone
know of newer developmental work that directly compares inflected and
derived words, regardless of the methodology? Further, I am interested in
the developmental predictions made by different theories, such as dual-route
and connectionist. As far as I can tell, these have focused primarily on
regular and irregular inflections, so any leads on the comparison between
inflected and derived words would be really helpful. Thanks in advance for
any help with this!

Hélène

PS I am happy to post a summary once all input has been received.

Hélène Deacon, D.Phil.
Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology
Life Sciences Center, Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
B3H 4J1
For couriers, add 1355 Oxford St.

Webpage: http://myweb.dal.ca/sdeacon/