JSLS 2006 first call for papers

Brian MacWhinney macw at mac.com
Mon Oct 24 01:48:35 UTC 2005

  **** First Call for Papers: JSLS2006*****
JSLS2005, which was held in June at Sophia University, was our
largest and most successful conference thus far.
We are currently in the process of organizing JSLS2006, which will be
held in June at the International Christian University in Tokyo. The
Japanese Society for Language Sciences invites proposals for our
Eighth Annual International Conference, JSLS 2006. JSLS2006 will be
co-sponsored with the Institute of Educational Research and Service
(IERS) at the International Christian University (ICU). We welcome
three categories of proposals: (1) symposium (themed panel), (2)
paper (oral presentation), and (3) poster. Our plenary speaker will
be Dr. Fred Genesee (McGill University).

JSLS2006 Conference Committee Chairpersons
Suzanne Quay & Yutaka Sato (International Christian University)
Conference Dates:
June 10 (Saturday)-11 (Sunday), 2006

Location:
International Christian University (Tokyo, Japan)

Submissions:
We would like to encourage submissions on research pertaining to
language sciences, including linguistics, psychology, education,
computer science, brain science, and philosophy, among others. We
will not commit ourselves to one or a few particular theoretical
frameworks. We will respect any scientific endeavor that aims to
contribute to a better understanding of the human mind and the brain
through language.

Submission Deadlines:
Deadline for symposium submissions: December 9 (Friday), 2005
Deadline for paper & poster submissions: January 20 (Friday), 2006
Notification for acceptance/rejection of symposia submissions: end
of                     January, 2006
Notification for acceptance/rejection of papers/posters
submissions:           end of March, 2006

Submission guidelines will be available on the JSLS 2006 website very
soon at: http://www.cyber.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp/JSLS/JSLS2006/

All questions regarding the JSLS 2006 conference should be addressed to:
Kei Nakamura
JSLS2006 Conference Coordinator
e-mail: kei at aya.yale.edu