Corpus/index for word frequency in young children

S. Helene Deacon helene.deacon at dal.ca
Thu Sep 8 17:39:45 UTC 2005

Zeno, S. (Ed.). (1995). The educator's word frequency guide. Brewster, N.J.: Touchstone Applied Science Associates.
This is organised according to Grade Level, however, it doesn't offer concreteness, etc. (as far as I know).

The on-line MRC psycholinguistic database  (Google search that and you will get it) does offer these indices (albeit not by grade level).

Both are fantastic resources.

Hélène

Hélène Deacon, D.Phil.
Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology
Life Sciences Centre, Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
B3H 4J1
For couriers, add 1355 Oxford St.

Webpage: http://myweb.dal.ca/sdeacon/