Well-known cartoon characters for British 6-7 and 9-10 yr olds

Ben Ambridge Ben.Ambridge at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Sep 21 11:26:18 UTC 2005

Dear all,

I'm currently designing some videos for experiments that we plan to run with
children aged 6-7 and 9-10 (and adults).

There are quite a lot of trials, so to keep the children interested I
thought it would be a good idea to use puppets/action figures etc... of
cartoon characters that the children know and like.

Does anybody have any suggestions for characters that virtually all BRITISH
kids of this age will know? A lot of American studies seem to use characters
from Sesame Street, but do British children watch this?

I thought of Bob the Builder (perhaps too young for the older kids) and The
Simpsons (vice-versa). Does anybody have any ideas as to whether these will
work, or any better suggestions?

(It might be a good idea to email me directly rather than post to the list,
as I'm not sure how many people will be interested in this!)

Thanks!
Ben

Ben.Ambridge at Liverpool.ac.uk