CA Mode

Brian MacWhinney macw at mac.com
Mon Sep 26 19:41:36 UTC 2005

Dear Annamaria,

     We have integrated CA conventions now directly into CHAT and
CLAN.  Just go to the web at http://talkbank.org/ca and you will see
the information regarding the details.    If you want good alignment
of CA overlap markers, you will need to use the FixedSysExcelsior
font and the INDENT program.
     If you find problems with any of this, please tell me and we
will help you or perhaps fix anything that doesn't work right. I have
been using the new CA codes and methods quite a lot and they seem
quite solid.  However, I am nothing close to a CA purist and I don't
mind seeing asterisks at the beginnings of lines and such.  If that
stuff bothers you, you can get rid of it using the CHAT2CA program.

--Brian MacWhinney